View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
InParticular

Oh sorry SW, sorry for your loss and hope you are feeling better now.

What is a "Rusty"?

I love how international this crowd is. Well, English-speaking international I guess!
Where the heck is Itchy?

Happy Tuesday back, FBL. The weeks are flying by.
The head of the company is coming tomorrow to meet our staff and to make an "announcement", some changes he's making and it most likely involves my job. I am nervous. I've been told it's "all good" but, it's not like he's going to tell us ahead of time if it's bad news. So yeah I'm nervous.

I talked to the guy about his ex, on you guys' advice! He said that it's not that she doesn't want him to see his daughter, it's that his daughter doesn't want to upset the mother, who she lives with, because when he comes around she gets mad and takes it out on the daughter. I guess she's on medication for depression, anxiety (sounds familiar, I was thinking as he told me this) and is holding on to a lot of anger from 20 years ago. He says he tries to communicate with her but she can't or won't with him. So....okay but it still kind of sounds like he blames her for a lot of things. I don't know, I'm taking it very slowly and I guess that's a good enough explanation for now. He seems sincere, I can usually tell when people are bs'ing me.
Anyway. Monday was busy. I got a lot done and it's always a moment at the end of the day when I think "wow I can actually do this job."
It is 7:40 am and pitch black out, still. It will still be dark when I drive to work in an hour.
Oh and, it's -19 out!!!!!!!!!!! Hope my car starts. I keep forgetting to get a block heater for the engine.
Warm inside though so that's good. I'll let you know when we hit -30.