View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Juno11

Good going, Frank with 38 days. A few of us on this thread crashed and burned at around 35 days so there's something about that time frame that must be triggering (not to self: be aware of this next time!)

I think I'm on Day 9. Getting up there again. Get right back on your feet Sydneyman. I felt like a loser after my last binge as well. But you can do this.

Yesterday I was thinking a lot about drinking and a new brew pub that is opening right near my yoga studio made me wistful for the days when that was possible. Beer was not my drink of choice, because it makes me too full. Wine had more bang for the buck, and I grew to like the taste of good wines (especially out a wine bar, etc.) So this opening of this new brew pub triggered some things in me that were not good - wishing for a little fun and excitement, etc. Today I'm going to actively work on countering those thoughts (if they arise) with reality. I didn't drink, I wasn't close to drinking, but I didn't like where my mind was going.

Already starting the day a little rough with attitude from the teen daughter. I can't take too much of this. Time to insulate and take care of myself. Later all!