View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Hi everyone, nice to see everyone here. I am still hanging in there, 7 months tomorrow! Weirdly I received a joke email from my dad about wine drinkers. I just emailed him back stating that was why I quit drinking...he must have forgot or something. Strange!

The other night I went out for dinner with a good friend that I haven't seen in ages, he was in town on business. I told him I quit drinking and he said, oh oh, what did you do? It was the first time someone asked me that. In my case it wasn't just one thing, it was a growing number of reasons. But, his question made me think that maybe some people must think some horribly embarrassing or bad happened that caused me to just stop. Oh well, let people keep guessing.

OMD, you don't need to be religious to be spiritual. I believe that there is something greater then me. As my thoughts become clearer, I am becoming more aware of what is happening. I believe we are manifesting all good things that is happening to us, and Inc, if a roll of quarters is a sign of good things to come, i'll take it! I find myself saying thank you to the sky when things go my way, and the more I say it, the more good things happen. What ever works!
Congrats on seven months Cauli!!

Funny, I have gotten that "oh no, what did you do" or "were you forced to quit?" line from several people upon finding out that I quit drinking. I guess they figured I must have really screwed up big time for me to give up drinking! Up until this spring, I would have probably thought the same thing if one of my drinking friends suddenly announced they were quitting drinking. I could never have imagined a world where I would not be a drinker.