View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Congrats Winslow on your 30! That first 30 days felt like an eternity to me.

Well my wife and my date night went good last night. We went out for dinner before the show and actually sat in the lounge, I ordered a soda water and cranberry which I really liked. It felt good being in control, enjoying my mock tail and good conversation and food. I didn't at all feel like I was missing out. At the show we attended there was more alcohol around, and afterwards we went to another bar, where I ordered another soda water and cranberry and a yummy appetizer. I felt good being able to let my wife cut loose for once, usually she has to drive because I would be getting smashed. I had a great time and felt great the next morning.

My dad and his ex wife (my mom) are still staying with me because power is still out in my town. My mom's dog who isn't potty trained and is an indoor dog has cropped in my house twice. I can't wait till they leave, and I can have my house back, so stressed out.

I'm at 1 month and 5 days sober and feel pretty good, will feel better when I can get back to exercising.

"A successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so."