View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
topspin

Freein,
I guess my stumbling block is fatigue ,....lol ....and fear of further fatigue !?!

My plan is take the first 17 Monday nights off to use up every vacation day for 2016 and negotiate a reduced schedule in the early spring. Chasing around a dollar when my internal clock is this far out of whack is ' unmanageable" ...as they say.
If they had someone to cover 2 days a week, I'd use up 2 days a week for the first 8 weeks , but this place doesn't give a hoot about the two of us covering this night shift,.....it's almost like we're invisible to management,...to tell ya the truth.

I'm determined to look out for my health ,...and hold firm to the plan.

On a more positive note ,....how's everything going with all of our gang ?

Freeiany , .... are you determined on vehicular cycling, ...or could there be any alternatives ? ....in the face of " dodgy roads "

My first bike in 2010 was a hybrid,....they have a bit wider tire
(32mm) and straight bars to accommodate rougher commuting conditions. Hopping curbs and such,.... Then there's the option of off-road. My off-road tires are the crossover type with the thick smooth section in the middle for a smoother ride on pavement. The knobby profile of the tire flanks the smooth section. Have taken that bike on longer road trips where parts of the route had no shoulder and felt more relaxed completely off the road in heavy traffic. Slows it down, but saved my nerves anyway !?!
You could think of an off road like a heavy trainer ,...that way, if you ever crank a road bike , .. you'll have rocket boosters you'll be so crazy strong !

Met one avid cyclist in Spain who rode nothing ..but off-road,....a real animal with the radical elevations there !! He was around 50 and stayed on the road most all the time.

Maybe you can get some ideas from your LBS,....those folks always know what's up,..

Obo, ....you ever ride there in HK ?

How about you UP ? .... you ever ride ?