View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Charlie117926

Checking in and back at it

I had 61 days without a drop.

Life has been pretty stressful. Moving to a new house, kids starting different schools, two family members diagnosed with Alzheimer's and work...whew...work.

I have been with my company for 21 years. It's been clear that over the last 10 years or so that when projects start going south they put me in charge of them. I guess I should be flattered that they have that much faith and trust in me to "right the ship" or protect us from (or set the stage) for litigation. They are unaware of how I typically deal with stress, which is why I joined this site.

I know none of the above is any real reason to drink, but I did and I'm I have been pretty upset about it. Just when I was letting the guilt go i do this to myself.

It would have been 84 days today I believe but I only made it to 61 days. Anyway, I have not touched a drop in over 13 days. So I guess more than anything I am just coming clean to my SR friends. It's clear I have to learn how to deal with stressors in a better way. My sincere apologies to everyone and thanks for listening.