View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Duffster

Car accidents are no joke. I'm trying to get back to where I was before my accident but I'm not quite there. I tried tennis practice the other day and it was clearly way too soon. Since going off my AD in August exercise had really become my major coping mechanism and to have the stopped cold turkey was really hard for the first 2 weeks or so but I've been able to ease back into a different level of exercise and it's been ok. In fact, it's been a little bit liberating not to be so obsessed with the gym. I think I'm starting to find a decent balance.

I'm in hyper holiday mode at the moment. Even put our tree up last weekend! Ha! That was a way of tuning out the news and emotions from current events and it was awesome. We blasted Christmas carols and spent most of the day decorating. I stopped at the tree and we'll do the rest in proper holiday order (which for us is the day after T-giving) but it was a fun diversion. Today we went to see Santa at the mall and right now I'm doing some on-line shopping.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend