View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BlueWisteria

Originally Posted by Isamybella View Post
Has anyone come off of about 2mg per day of klonopin? My doctor has me on a taper and just wondering what to expect. I've detoxed off of pain meds and that was bad enough. I hope I can manage my anxiety without them.
I detoxed from benzos cold turkey. I was prescribed 2mgs of klonopin per day and xanax also. Plus I had my own private stash of ativan and valium. Detox from benzos can be dangerous. It's worse than heroin. Follow the doctor's advice. I was in a detox center for the first 5 days. Truth is the professionals in this state detox would not tell me that there is a second detox on the 10th day with benzos. they did want to be liable. With cold turkey benzo detox there was severe hallucinations. disorientation and shaking. I woke up in the hospital and the medical professionals there told me I was in danger and needed to be tapered off so they put me back on klonopin and I relapsed two weeks later, my blood alcohol was over 460 and I was hospitalized and Baker Acted back to the previous state detox center. I tried telling the professionals there what had happened but they did want to be liable and the counselor was actually yelling at me saying that this was the biggest crock of crap that he ever heard in his life. I also knew this particular man from the AA rooms during my period of long term sobriety before relapsing. UNbelievable...
I now have over four years clean and sober.
Be very careful with benzos.
Meeting makers make it.
The meetings help a lot with anxiety.
2 weeks - no more severe detox.
30 days- huge
90 days - major milestone, clarity returning.
6 months - feeling a lot happier

It can take a year for benzos to completely leave the body.
Good luck, you are on the right track.