View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I find myself wishing that you're doing an exercise here on how to recognise AV or something....

but I'll take it as face value.

I'm really sorry to hear that Time2Rise. I hope you change your mind.
The transition period is really hard.

I remember lots of times I fought with that burden of the extra 50 pounds, completely forgetting the 250 pounds I used to carry around that my drinking gave me.

In time that 'load' you feel will lighten and disappear completely - you just need a little time and patience...and faith that I'm not BSing you.

I'm not btw

Whew, honestly, I feel much better already
That's cos your inner addict, AV, addiction - whatever you want to call it feels it's won and its let go and relaxed. It was fighting for its life and now it feels secure.

I'm pretty smart and resourceful, so I believe I can figure out a way to drink safely.
said everybody ever who ever joined SR and decided to go back out. Honestly.

If I had a buck for the times I've read that here, or even simply for the times I said it, I'd be a millionaire.

I think I'm just a born hedonist, free-spirit and iconoclast, and trying to be a fine, upstanding citizen is something I really don't want to be.
If you really think that, that's fine.

Do it sober.

I hope you feel differently about this tomorrow. Maybe re-read some old posts here that document your struggle.

Going back to drinking will just bring you back here - and that's if you're lucky T2R.

D