View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
I wonder why that is. It seems worse now that I'm sober, which of course makes the days/nights even longer! Lol
Well today is day 10! I'm off this afternoon so I will just relax and work on my plan. I really need to start a gratitude journal.
Oh, Dee .... How are the thoughts on alcohol free wine for special occasions?
I was never a wine drinker by choice but here are my oft cut and pasted thoughts on NA beer

My experience is I don't drink NA beer because it looked like beer, felt like a can of beer, it smelt like beer, it had that same condensation thing on the can like a beer, the same fizz and foam when you pop the can, tasted like beer (kinda)....

Then I'd wonder why I'd go out everytime and get 'real' beer.
I was still knee deep in old behaviours, and didn't even realise it.

As a former beer drinker I know it ticks all the boxes for me, and opens the door to old behaviour and old thought paterns.

I don't recommend it.

I'd maybe ask yourself why would you choose NA beer when there's so many other things to drink, though?

Is it really the taste of a beer you want, or are there other things happening here as well?
same thing applies with the wine I think keepnitreal?
why wine?

are you trying to fit in?
trying to live vicariously?
is it a concession to maybe try and shut your AV up?

working out your motivation will probably help you make a decision I think

Originally Posted by Supertired View Post
Having some pains in my lower left abdomen the last few days since I slipped up. It's probably just coincidental I know that's not where the liver or pancreas is , I don't think, but my mind spiralled into all these worst case scenarios.. Got myself to the point where I had to excuse myself from a class cause I was pretty much hyper ventilating with heart palpitations.. Does anyone else do this whole self diagnosis/ em pending doom bit?? Gonna keep tabs on it and if it worsens any get to a doctor . Got myself terrified
Hypochondria is very common supertired. I know I had it - I couldn't quite believe that all those years with booze and drugs didn't leave me with *something*.

Go see your Dr...if there is something wrong you'll have dealt with it early...but the great likehood is there's nothing much wrong at all, and you might be able to get some peace of mind

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Day 12 and as above I had a dream about having a drink dam I feel so deflated today just can't seem to feel happy about anything today.

Hope everyone has an alright day I'm away to start work soon.
I always liked that John Denver song 'Some days are diamonds and some days are stone' - but I never really appreciated the wisdom til I got sober

Some days aren't great - but it is great they're just bad days now, not bad weeks or months.

I hope tomorrow is better for you and anyone else here trudging a little, Erratic

D