View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
nyala

Good morning and happy Wednesday all,

Well done Key on 4 months, and thanks too for helping me keep my class thread alive - I was starting to think I was the last man standing from June 15.

I have been so pleased and relieved to read the posts over the last few days. I remember reading about this 4 to 6 month thing when I was approaching that milestone.

I too have been feeling pretty similar, a little flat, but certainly not depressed - definitely prone to anxiety out of nowhere, as opposed to the more consuming and pernicious kind I used to have - but mostly just so very, very, .... tired.

Sobriety has given me back so much time, and I have used it it to crack on with work and home matters that have been neglected. Debts are getting paid off and my business is showing signs of profitability, sustainable growth potential and I am also choosing my clients more wisely. All of this is good , but it is a slow slow process and is wearing me down.

I have to remind myself of the other things that are so much better now. I have found a couple of hours a week to play soccer again, I play my guitars and piano daily and play them well, even if only for a few minutes. Mrs F and I are healing and starting to learn how to be happy again. And the micro-Fradleys bring daily joy along with their incessant demands to engage with everything in the universe all at once.

Have I mentioned the three children under five? I suppose them and working alone from home, and stopping drinking after thirty years is a good enough reason to feel a little fatigued.

Anyway - what I love about SR. and this thread in particular is the ability we have to peer into the future. There is always someone a few weeks , months or years down the road who is willing to share how they felt at certain periods .

So thank you , those who are beyond this 4-6m turbulence, you are convincing me to hang in and keep on keeping on.

OK - it's 7am, I have five quotes to get out of the door. If three come good, we will be able to survive the Christmas period. This is a very different situation to this time last year, where I faced potential financial ruin and possible divorce, and I have to be grateful for that.

Now if someone could just offer me a week in Mauritius with 24 hour child care I promise everything will come good...

Thanks for listening and have a happy, sober day.

Fradley