View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by strangeangel View Post
those apps sound awesome. Especially the calorie one! That would be a big motivator for me, bc I'm always body shaming after drinking binges. I'm trying to take everything one day at a time but had some serious guilt today and am stressed about how to make it through the holiday season and come out the other side.. That's where things usually fall apart. Any advice?

Also, sobriety is helping me (even tho it's only day 2) to be a better mom to my two rescue pups. My little girl has so much baggage due to a terrible beginning to her life that I can't be drunk all the time. She needs me to be sober to help her fix her issues. How do I post a pic? It's saying file size too big. Would love to share pic of pups with you all, as puppies, imo, always make everything better
Strangeangel-
Try not to think about the holidays. They have me worried as well, but everybody reminds me to just worry about each day as it comes otherwise we get overwhelmed and give up. I have an annual party coming up on the 5th with a bunch of friends and they like their alcohol. I've already decided to bring a bottle as a gift, but to bring myself sparkling water to keep my wine glass full. I was also thinking of maybe asking my hubby to "mix " me a drink and have him skip the alcohol. One of the ladies in my group said her hubby did that for her and nobody ever noticed she wasn't drinking alcohol so they didn't try to push the booze. Seltzer with lime, skip the flavored vodka? That's how I'm going to handle my first party. I pray it gets easier as time moves on.

Also, I can't wait to see a few pounds disappear from the lack of empty calories. One would assume they would, right??!!!