View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Day11.. Good on you Juno glad to see the resilience and you bouncing back.
Don't dwell on the past, its a new day and look ahead, yesterday what ever it entailed was yesterday. I am sure you we both know what made us drink when we did. I think you have shown strength by jumping onboard so quickly again. Keep going.

Congrats Looking!!!!!!!! In my experience the real work starts after day 30. This is my third attempt to pass a day that starts with a 4, such as 40....I believe I can do it this time. I have NO cravings. I have no desire to drink, I don't reminisce about drinking. its like it doesn't even exist. Tomorrow is my partners birthday.
I am taking him out for dinner. If he wants to have a drink or 3 he can. I doubt he will as he has not drunk since I quit, at least at home. I would like to add that he is not an alcoholic but a normal drinker.
Myself I have simply lost the taste for it. It seems very odd. Its like when I used to smoke. I don't even think of smoking/ cigarettes ever any longer. Is this a normal thing or just a phase? Whatever it is I like the present.