View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Day 10.
Juno you drank got drunk like me virtually to the day as I did. What happened happened you drank yesterday now move on. Nip it in the bud while you still can. Do not take time away from SR now is the time you need it most!
You can so do this. You have shown everybody you can.
You were an inspiration to me while counting my daily sobriety days and you still are.
When I drank that Saturday I was not impressed with myself for drinking and knew I was going to be harsh on myself the next day.
However, I was impressed with myself for stopping and having the strength to chose not to drink again the next day.
Now being 10 days back on the wagon I have been thinking and evaluating my drinks that Saturday that broke my over 30 days sober.
So did I enjoy it?YES for the first 1-2 hours, was it worth it? NO, how did I feel the next day? Guilty and disappointed with myself and . However to prove myself my strength and willingness to want to be sober I jumped back on the wagon. You can do that as well Juno and you know that.
As I said before, in a way I am glad that I had those drinks that Saturday as I could really compare my new life sober to being drunk. I did not like the difference. I so much prefer my sober life. Will I ever drink again. I hope not and I that is why I am here.
A year ago when I gave up drinking for the first time in decades for a month my sobriety was broken by 1 beer at Christmas. That 1 beer slowly led to 9 months of getting back to "normal" life of wine, fights, sick days from work, feeling s=+t most of the time, hangovers and more wine to feel more "normal" again. You know the cycle.
Please come back Juno. You are not a failure but a fighter and a champion for coming back. I hope you do.