View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Mags,
So the fish and chips shop I saw is called the chippie? I always thought that was a female of questionable morals!

I received big whole filets of fish and a gallon of fries. I was in my first English old-time pub, and had just fallen in love with bitter, which, contrary to the name, isn't. Went splendidly with the F&Chips.

Drake,
I had to look that one up, as I'd not heard nor tried HP sauce, named after House of Parliament, which sauce company was bought and sold several times until finally owned by Heinz. Most folks think of HP Sauce as British but despite its origins, it is manufactured in The Netherlands now. I just found it can be ordered from Amazon. Sounds by the ingredients to be kind of like A1 Steak sauce? Is it close? I love A1, and we also keep Thai sweet hot sauce. And our local must have, Crystal brand Louisiana hot sauce, from the New Orleans Metro area. https://www.baumerfoods.com/index.php

It's so good it'll make yer tongue roll up inside yer haid like a winder shade, and beat yer brains ta death!