View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Wolf just checked out the pics, great furkids there. Love your Jack Glen, and Scotty is a very pretty pup. We do leather everything too to avoid the hair hassles.

Mags,
Here in the US we rarely see any lamb for sale of any kind, save small chops occasionally. Many [people in the U.S. have never tasted lamb. I like it and my wife doesn't so we see little in our house. But she will eat it in middle eastern dishes etc. I love a rack with mint jelly on the side.

In Germany they eat much less beef than we do in the U.S., and little fresh fish, mostly pork. and pork wursts.

The Belgians turned me onto French Fries, or chips in the UK, with Mayonnaise on them instead of catsup/ketchup.

In England back in the day, I spent a year in Manchester one weekend, and in a pub ordered fish and chips. It wasn't made in the pub, they had it brought in from the nearest place and it was wrapped in greasy newspaper. Then they unrolled the paper over the table and it was huge portions of fish and mounds of chips. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was marvelous! I usually used mustards, Tartar sauce, or ketchup on my fish. My Brit hosts insisted I try malt vinegar on the fish and on the chips? It was a TBO! (Taste Bud Organism) We use it on almost all fried fish in the 22 years since.

Every country, many more, have their own ways and foods, prepared so many ways. Even the ones I am not as fond of but will eat when prepared by folks that eat it regularly, like goat, which I have tried here prepared badly, is good when eaten in a country that uses them as a staple.

And we gave the world McDonalds and KFC.