View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
My plan didn't work. I couldn't make it through the weekend. It is not an excuse but here's why it happened: I have lived in Paris several years and have many friends, exes and colleagues there. I was in complete chock. I don't live in Paris at the moment but there were people I needed to get in touch with and people from my past called me and were worried. Some of the shootings happened in my old neighbourhood. I used to go out there with my friends and what I then considered to be the "love of my life". Maybe I still do. I didn't know if any of them was ok. Some of the friends who contacted me I have cut off during my years drinking, and now I had to face to talk to them and explain myself. Some thought I was living in Paris. I felt crushed over the incident and ashamed how I treated my old friends. I bought beers. I drank them. My friends are safe, as far as I know by now. Maybe I used it as an excuse, I don't know. But I am quite sure I would have made it through without this tragedy. Just goes to show how I react in stressed situations. I was so proud it was going to be day 20 on monday, but it isn't. I'm starting over. Hope the rest of you were stronger this weekend!
It's ok Dallow. Don't beat yourself up. You are trying your best. I handle stress the same way you do but am working on finding some healthier methods. We can do this. (Hug)