View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Happy Sunday!
Patricia and Kiki- I'm so sorry you both are struggling. I'm glad you're talking with your medical doctor. If you have always had depression and panic attacks you need to get that house cleaned too!
Anyway, checking in on day 7. Doing ok. Friday night when my son came home with some mediocre test scores and tons of homework, after being away from school for 3 days due to weather/travel issues, I really wanted to drink. I was angry at my husband because I trusted him to get my son prepared and get the work done, but they came home from the trip with it all half assed! Boy was I mad. I looked at my husband and told him that I was really considering going to the store and getting a bottle of wine. I asked him to please take care of it and I step aside and tried deep breathing and prayers. I made it, and an hour later the craving was gone. Yesterday was a beach day with the kids and girlfriends. I didn't bring my little bottles of wine that make it soooo much fun, but it was still nice! When we went to dinner I automatically wanted to relax with a glass of wine, but ordered sparkling water. I could see my husband smile inside. (I kinda choked on my order...lol). So the net I have got out of the weekend so far is that habit is a big part of our fight and making new habits may take awhile, but we can, and should, incorporate nice healthy habits. Stress is a b***** and that one can easily cause you to want a drink in a serious way. I feel depressed in the afternoon/evening when I would normally drink, and short tempered. Does anybody else feel very short tempered with everybody?
One day at a time....or One hour at a time. I'm just praying for another sober day. Another positive....not having a hangover is priceless!!!!