View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a good day! I've been fighting a cold & cough for the last few days & the coughing is really messing w/my sleep ugh...lol. I don't normally post here in the middle of the night, but since I was up anyways....

Sharon, Good for you! You shut your AV down last night! If you think going to AA would help, I'd definitely go for for it.
I'm really glad you weren't on xanax for that long ( still too long in my book. I don't think doctors should prescribe benzos much longer than 8wks, unless it's for a seizure disorder like epilepsy. )
So you're brother did the whole "jumping" from subs too. When I 1st started on it last Aug., my doc prescribed 16mgs/day. Every time I put 1 of those films under youngest, I got really sick ( nausea. ) So I tried 8mgs....same thing. Then my doc switched me from the films to the dissolving tablets. That was a bit better for me, but I only took 4mgs/day. 3mos in, I reduced my dosage to 2mgs. And 3mos after that, I decided wtheck, I'll quit. The withdrawals weren't as severe as opiate or benzo withdrawal, but they lasted forever! Every 1wk., I'd say to myself, "ok, I'm not feeling better yet! I'm pissed!" Lol! I can laugh about it now, but back then...noooo way! I think 1 of my very 1st posts here was "does anyone know how long subs withdrawals last???" Haha! Glad that's over with!

I'm sorry you guys' AV was messing w/you, but posting here anytime those urges come should help. Truthfully, my AV didn't mess w/me until the subs withdrawals ( I honestly think I was just too sick during the other withdrawals. ) My hubs had relapsed for the 4th time on heroin & I was extremely irritated about the longevity of those subs & I relapsed...for 1 day. Not on opiates or benzos, but on crack ( that was a new 1 for me. ) I was PO'd at my hubs for relapsing again, when I had been basically suffering the whole darn time! So I had him get me some ( a lot ) of crack so I wouldn't be sick for 1 lousy day. After all the withdrawals I'd been through ( methadone, Norco, heroin, klonopin & finally subs ) I figured crack wasn't physically addicting, so I did it that 1 day & never again. I didn't start my time over. I figured it was 1 day & I wasn't going to loose my previous 7mos over 1 day. My recovery definitely hasn't been conventional. I made up the rules as I went, along w/techniques I had learned here.

I'd like to add 1 additional thought about the withdrawals, then I'll drop it ( remember, you guys are tapering, so your experiences won't be anything like mine. ) I'm actually grateful for those "shoot me in head already" withdrawals, because the memory alone will keep me clean forever!

Sharon, Winslow & Sizzle, just outta curiosity...married, single, engaged, kids, grandkids, pets, jobs ( I know you're a hair stylist Winslow...how long, you like it? ) ect???
I've been w/my hubs going on 22yrs ( married 21. ) We have 3 adult children ( under 30yrs of age. ) Two girls & 1 son, who still lives at home. And we have 2 awesome grandsons! We also have a 2yr old chi that's spoiled rotten, a Siamese mix cat that my son rescued from being roadkill 3yrs ago ( & she thinks she's a dog lol. ) And last, but not least, my son has a 1yr old chipoo ( our chi's daughter. )
To be cont.... Lol!