View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Hey Sharon,
It's great you checked in & I'm glad you have such a great doc! Just curious, how long have you been taking xanax? You know, I've heard about people that have gone through very little withdrawal before. Everyone's chemical make-up is different & I guess some people are more susceptible to withdrawals than others. It also helps that you were on a very low dose. Xanax also has a short half life ( the time it takes to leave your system. ) I would taper all the way down to .125 & like you said, at your own pace.

Hi Winslow,
That's okay...in my previous post, I thought I called you by your name, but accidentally called you Sizzle lol. Typo...Oops.
I'm sorry your AV was playing havoc w/you. Do you have any counter measures you employ when that happens?

Congrats to both of you on your sober time! I'm super proud of you guys!

When I 1st started this thread, I was going through suboxine withdrawals ( didn't taper from that either lol. ) I just wanted a place to journal my thoughts, feelings, story, ect...Now, I'm coming up on 15mos clean & look forward to seeing how you guys are doing, your thoughts, your stories. I also really enjoy hearing people's success stories, like BlueWisteria & others before her.

I've never really thought of it before, but if I had found benzo buddies before I quit benzos, it probably would have flipped me out too. When it came to quitting opiates & benzos, I did EVERYTHING wrong ( not entirely my fault. ) I could have stayed w/my subs doctor & weaned properly, but I was on such a low dose, I thought it would be a piece of cake. Huh! Not lol! But, besides a 10 day stint in rehab last yr., I had never joined any support group, so I had little information on addiction, withdrawals, support, etc... SR is my 1st & only support system & I've learned more about addiction here than all my previous, collective yrs. put together. And for that, I'm very grateful!