View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi all - Winslow, I'm starting not to be tired these days. I'm beyond 30 days now (I think 34?) so I'm starting to feel better. Also got two colds out of the way, so hopefully a healthful stretch coming.

I'm like you, Midton. Not a fan of marijuana. It makes me paranoid and the last time I tried it, I hated it and just wanted the feeling to end. You couldn't pay me enough to try it again! The alcohol buzz is the buzz I like and crave, even though it hasn't always been a happy feeling. Mostly, I like being sober.

I can understand everyone's feelings of missing something - the buzz, the high, the ups and downs, the excitement, etc. that goes along with drinking. I feel that at times, too, but know that deep down this sober life is for me.

Here's what's keeping me going right now:

1. My necklace with the date. As silly as it sounds, wearing this necklace with the date of my sobriety is helping me. How can I possibly drink when I have this lovely necklace on with this great date on it?
2. My psychiatrist and the Campral. I feel obligated to keep sober for him so I can give him the good report. And I want the Campral to help. I have to let it help.
3. Fear of hangover. This is a very real fear for me. I also have an extreme dislike of nausea. In fact, I hate it more than anything. I would become nauseated with as little as 3 glasses of wine and anything more than that and I would most likely be vomiting. I can't go through that again.

I'm happy it's the weekend. Have a good one, everyone!