Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend full of parties. We have a wedding tomorrow afternoon and the hosts have rented out a hotel suite with an open bar that starts at 11 AM. After the wedding there is also an informal gathering planned at the hotel by some people we know so given that the ceremony doesn't start until 4 and the formal cocktail hour about a hour later, if someone chooses it can be a 12 hour drink-fest. Something tells me at least one person is going to make bad choices. For the record, that person will not be me or my wife.

After we check out on Saturday one of the guests has invited us to her house for lunch, dinner, and also brunch on Sunday. I think they'll be six of us total and the alcohol will be flowing freely for most of them. Once again, no matter what choices others make I will not be the one making poor ones.

We'll probably get home mid to late afternoon on Sunday and if I'm really motivated I'll go for a run. More likely I'll watch some football and look forward to a quiet evening at home and sleeping in my own bed.

My plans for tonight is to grill some salmon with a side dish of a garden salad. I'm sure there will be Thursday Night Football involved, but since I plan on being in bed at a decent hour I probably won't watch more than the first half.