View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
honeypig

The Language of Letting Go, November 12

NOVEMBER 12

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Timing

Wait until the time is right. It is self-defeating to postpone or procrastinate; it is also self-defeating to act too soon, before the time is right.

Sometimes we panic and take action out of fear. Sometimes we take untimely action for revenge or because we want to punish someone. We act or speak too soon as a way to control or force someone to action. Sometimes we take action too soon to relieve feelings of discomfort or anxiety about how a situation will turn out.

An action taken too soon can be as ineffective as one taken too late. It can backfire and cause more problems than it solves. Usually, when we wait until the time is right - sometimes only a matter of minutes or hours - the discomfort dissolves, and we're empowered to accomplish what we need to do.

In recovery, we are learning to be effective.

Our answers will come. Our guidance will come. Pray. Trust. Wait. Let go. We are being led. We are being guided.

Today I will let go of my need to control by waiting until the time is right. When the time is right, I will take action.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.