View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hey all - I had a bad day, a really bad day - I hate to bring down the tone of this thread which has been overwhelmingly upbeat and positive lately!

Sometimes I get pissed off that I wake up so happy and optimistic and have all these plans like visiting museums, taking educational trips, getting lots of work done, attending yoga workshops and book signings, starting a new workout program etc. and then everything goes to hell in a handbasket when my kids come home from school. They're not always horrible, but the one with special needs had a REALLY bad day today and threw the whole household into an uproar. Then my insolent teenage daughter acted like a huge brat who only cares about 1 person in the world - herself - as usual and threw me over the edge. I started craving escape in the form of a glass of wine. I even pictured it and felt it and almost went about getting some. What stopped me? I didn't have a good opportunity. My Mom was here helping me and I had to wait for her to leave, but by the time she left I was like, "F*ck it, I'm not getting the wine after all." I had a glass of sparkling pommegranate juice (from Trader Joe's) and some cheese and crackers and am calling it a day. I made it but am not happy with how things are going in my life right now.

Sorry to be such a downer in the group - to join in, I'm 5'0" , 105 lbs (wish to be around 100 - hence the wanting to lose 5 lbs), blonde, hazel eyes, Irish/French descent, youngish looking 51 In fact, got carded a few years ago which makes me happy. I intend to stay young looking and acting, and not drinking is part of my health plan going forward. But man, some days are just crap.