View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JeffreyAK

Congratulations! I look back at my IOP days (2 months of all-day/5-days a week for me, it was pretty intensive) as fun and rewarding, and leaving that program left a hole for me. I filled the time part of the hole by going back to work after having been off on disability, and I filled the recovery part of the hole with a new less-intensive program.

Do you have options for an aftercare program, usually fewer days and less time per week? That might be the best option, if you've liked your IOP, and it might even involve some of the same people. It's fun to go through the phases with people you know, who are going through the same process too.

There are lots of options for non-AA support groups, though face to face depends where you are. There's a lot here at this forum to start with, and SMART might be the most widely available non-12-step alternative. Other options include SOS, Lifering, AA agnostica, Celebrate Recovery, WFS, Freestyle Recovery, Refuge Recovery, many more. All or most of these have online support as well as face to face. You can look around and use all of them if you like.