View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Juno11

Grizzly - I actually purchased some sort of expensive facial products today(skin serum/moisturizer) online because I thought I deserved it! Of course we deserve to treat ourselves once in a while - glad you did today, too! I thought about getting a frozen yogurt for myself yesterday, but didn't have time. That will come soon.

I actually had a wine craving at around 3:40 pm while I was driving to pick up my son. It hit me fairly hard and I was mad because I haven't been having cravings. I guess those brain pathways take a while to heal. My AV was even trying to trick me by saying, "You can have one glass of Chardonnay and then carry on as usual, no one has to know!" and "You can change your sobriety date from 10/11 to 11/11... see, no big deal. Tomorrow is 11/11! And you like the number 11 so it's all good!" So I managed to just sit through it as I was driving and by the time I got home I was thinking about a bowl of frosted mini- wheats instead of wine. The cravings are short and they pass. But they can be intense when they come.

I might want to mention this to my doctor on Thurs - maybe we can add another small dose of Campral to my regime. I'm only taking 1/3 of the recommended dose so I could at least go up a little bit if needed.

Well, safely home now and trying to chill out. Good night to all! Keep posting, everyone!!!