View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
PennyLane76

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Feeling regret and self loathing right now. I know most of us feel this way after a relapse. What do you guys do? How do you forgive yourselves?

Nothing serious happened during my relapse. Mostly I hurt my confidence. And it's not even my AV talking this time, I don't want to drink.

But I can't find a way to be kind to myself. I'm my own worst bully right now...
Oh yeah, I have been there with beating myself up after relapses. TOTALLY. Usually it was for a few days then I forgave myself and moved on because I just had to. (except for heinous withdrawal, did not move on for awhile from that). Oh, and that nasty blackout, took a bit there too. When my relapse was just couple glasses of wine for one night, I still felt depressed and extremely anxious for a couple of days after. Just have to not put a sip down your throat. Have you read Crash course AVRT on Rational recovery website? Lots of suggestions from this class, wouldn't hurt to scroll back and try some if you havent?
Never know what may help. If you feel overwhelmed by advice or suggestions, just let us know that too, okay? We all want to help and support each other.