View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Day 23, done. I don't know why I post so often, almost daily. For me, it's theraputic, so sorry to those I may drive a little crazy.

So anywhoo, planned a night for my son and I, three weeks ago I would have definitely had some alcohol on board. I took him to dinner for some nachos, it's what he wanted, oh, and I love em too. Then came the waitress, "lemonade, soda, or bottle of beer perhaps"? "Hell yeah I will take a beer, gimme the biggest one ya got in an I PA with the most alcohol content." Now that's how I would have usually answered that question, then I would have proceeded to play with my phone and work on a fat buzz and zone out, ignoring my child. Instead, I got a soda, and with my son we did the maze, word search, and played tic-tac-toe on his placemat, and it was fun! I even let him win a couple times at tic-tac-toe which he got a kick out of.

After dinner we proceeded to a movie together. The old me would have drove us there buzzed, risking our lives and my career. Once we got there I would have been disappointed because I would have to lose my buzz while the movie played, and it would have been all I thought about, wishing I would have had just one more beer. And then later that night, once we got home I would have prolly sucked down a few more beers trying to rekindle the buzz that was already long gone.

.....um, I think I will stay sober.