View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

This morning I was relieved that today is the birthday of a girl I work with. She gave me a bottle of wine for my birthday last month, and for the last month it has been sitting on my counter waiting for me to re-gift it to her. I couldn't wait to get it off my counter (not by drinking it)! So I wrapped it up this morning and took it into work and was like there, that's done. But at the end of the work day she said, "alright ladies, let's share this tomorrow night after work". No! I wanted today to be the end of story for that damn bottle. So tomorrow I've either got to come up with an excuse to leave early (that just delays the inevitable, I'm going to address my not drinking with them at some point) or finally talk about my not drinking with them. I didn't say anything when she said that today. I figured I could use a day to think about what it is I want to say. I know when it comes down to it, it's not that big of a deal to just say no, but it still makes me uncomfortable. I think it's hard for me because I'm really close with the girls I work with, and they looove to drink. So, putting this out there in a post to clear room in my head for what it is I want to say.