View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Juno11

This group has helped me a lot - and this site in general. I'm so glad I made it this far after a series of lapses starting in September. I think that if you keep trying, one of these days - it sticks. That's what I'm hoping, anyway!

I had a pretty good day but a difficult evening. My kids have made it difficult (2 out of 3 of them). However, whereas I used to run to the wine store for help, I'm just taking an Advil for my headache, putting on comfy clothes and trying to relax at home. I realize that drinking because I had a bad day was like punishing myself for having a bad day. I don't want to do that anymore.

So all day I was thinking of a good "reward" for getting to 30 days - in the end I decided to order an inexpensive necklace with an engraved charm with roman numerals X.XI.MMXV - Oct. 11, 2015. It only cost $20 - about the same price as a bottle of wine! I used to try to buy $15 bottles because I knew it was just going to end up in the toilet one way or another. Sorry to be gross.

Anyway, will catch up on posts here and try to relax now that the Monday is nearly done.