View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
OpenTuning

I just wanted to add my own deepest respect, sympathy and admiration for the extraordinary task you've taken on to try and repair the damage from what sounds like horrific abuse of those poor children.

As others have said, what I'm sure is clear to you as well is that alcohol is adding to the difficulties, not helping resolve them. I know my relationship with my own non-problem children is stronger since I quit drinking. There are many, many much better ways to relieve stress that don't lead to hangovers, guilt and all the other negative consequences of drinking.

I can't imagine volunteering to take on the responsibilities you have, particularly given how they could easily push you beyond your breaking point if you don't find a way to look after yourself as well. It sounds like what you are doing has had a huge, positive impact on your adopted children, even if there is still a long road ahead to their full recovery. And I hope you find a way to carry on this journey in a way that puts your own health and well being firmly in the mix as well.