Thread: I hit bottom
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Friend Of Bill

identify the fear and walk through it

We hit bottom when we stop digging you don't have to lose as much as everyone else your bottom is your bottom what are you going to do about it what I did was go to the fellowship AA talk with real live people look them in the eyes but honest stuck with the people who looked and acted happy you can see it in their eyes there is a way out there is a way that you can recreate your life it's simple not easy although if you have the willingness the honesty and an open mind you don't ever have to feel this way again just not drinking is not enough if you read page 52 in the book Alcoholics Anonymous and answer yes to any of those questions probably a good idea to take the steps sober means not drunk recover means to return to health from a sickness I lived in the denial the insanity to queer mental states surrounding that first drink the thought the I could drink normally or control it and the insane idea always one out we have a progressive illness and we die I have a physical allergy a mental obsession and once I start to drink I developed the phenomenon of craving and when I developed the phenomenon of craving I don't even think about the consequences I had to have a psychic change a change in my thinking a sponsor who can guide you through the steps out of the book Alcoholics Anonymous can help you find a power greater than yourself which will solve your problem it's time to stop talking about it and be about it