View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Midton

I live in Asia and usually make at least 6 flights a year. In the months leading up to a flight I can have moments of panic when I'm on the cusp of sleeping. But as the flight nears my main emotion is excitement and I'm always totally relaxed and confident from the moment I get to the airport.

In all my years of flying nothing remotely bad has happened. The actual worse thing was getting stopped at customs carrying my girlfriends clothes (she'd been working in Spain and was coming home by bus as she no money) and the contents of my case examined while other passengers walked buy. Even the customs guy couldn't contain himself. But I digress.

Drinking on planes is another matter. I can't remember the last time I didn't drink while flying. I also have a layover which I make longer than needed on the pretext of making sure I don't miss my connection but in reality it's to take advantage of the lounge and its "free" wine. I know that right now I couldn't fly sober. The occasion would be too much but who knows how I'll feel and where I'll be at mentally in the next few months.