View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Hang in there Sydneyman, glad your back on it. I know how you feel. I backpack, raft, canoe, cross country ski, snowshoe, and bike, all of which I used to drink while doing or after doing. I don't know how I'm gonna handle backpacking into a sublime alpine Mountain deep into the wilderness and not be able to have that bottle of wine while I watch the sunset and alpine glow dance upon the lofty peaks. It scares me to death, but luckily winter is on the way so I won't have to worry about it for a while.

Today is day 22. I opened my Christmas present early on friday, my fitbit charge hr activity band. I am trying to surround myself with healthy things and habits to keep my mind preoccupied. So far I love the fitbit, fun to look at my sleep patterns, and reach my goals! It has definitely made me more active, had to go for a walk tonight after dinner just so I could get my 10,000 steps, normally would have hit the couch early.

As far as staying sober, this was a tough weekend. I had family in town that I loved to drink with, and they drink a lot too. Everyone thinks I am so wierd for taking on this 90 day sober challenge. It is getting much easier for me to turn down the drink, only found myself reaching for a drink just to taste it a couple of times, because this is what I used to do, never took that sip though, stayed strong!

I have decided to take on another challenge. When I hit 30 days sober, I am going to stop my late night snacking, which has replaced my drink. I haven't gained any weight with the snacking because I no longer am sucking down 2000 calories of beer 4 nights a week anymore. I really want to keep myself heading in a healthy direction, wanting to make my health my new addiction. So I am going to add in a new 30 day challenge to not eat anything after dinner.

Juno, i hope you can get out of that rut, it can be hard to stay positive. Staying busy has worked for me, I am always trying to stay productive because it keeps me moving in the right direction, forward. I am getting a lot of satisfaction cleaning those places in my house I never had time for, or making an effort to make myself available to those that are important to me because it feels good to help someone who needs it. Helped my brother get a freezer into his house this weekend, which was a bigger pain in the ass than it sounds, felt good to be able to help.

Keep up the good work you guys!