Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Dee, Thomas, OnmyWay and all. Yes, I think I have resented my hubby for being the "wine police" because what always seemed like harmless fun turned out to be an issue because he would call me out...not every time I drank but at least once or twice a month and then we would get into a fight. Bottom line...while most times I was fun, sometimes I would get mean and that's a horrible situation for everybody. I knew I could hide a binge weekend from him because he was gone, but I also knew I couldn't lie to my sponsor or the people who had been so kind in AA the past couple of weeks. Anyway, I did tell my sponsor. I was terribly humiliated, but she was amazing. I'm now writing about why I want to be sober, why I drank, and what I was looking for etc.... She made a comment that made a lot of sense..."Alcoholics drink, that's what we do. If it was easy to quit there wouldn't be AA." I will just start working the steps and remember to thank god for every sober day that I have!!! I'm also grateful for each of you!