Old 11-08-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lovesunrises

What would you be doing today if you weren't sober?

Sometimes I forget how insane my days were when I was drinking. I would get thoughts in my head that I could just have a few today and it would big deal. Today, I am remembering what I would have been doing this morning if I wasn't sober. Here's how my day would look:

I would have gotten out of bed really early because I was really thirsty. My brain would be foggy and my eyes would be bloodshot and sore. My dogs want a walk, but I really don't feel like taking them because I feel awful and need something to drink to make myself feel better. I stumble around my closet looking for something to wear, and drive to the grocery store so I can get some more wine since I drank everything I had left in the house last night. I get to the store and buy a bunch of groceries I don't even need (I won't eat anyway because I have lost my appetite) so the store clerk won't catch on that my sole purpose for going to the store was to buy more wine. Once home, I would drink a bottle of wine during the morning, blow off doing my laundry and yard work and what ever else I had planned to do that day. My favorite football team is playing today and I will watch the game as I do each week, but I pass out during the game and have to check online when I wake up to see who won. Time to drink some more wine. I open another bottle and proceed to drink it all. The dogs still want a walk, but I am too lazy and wasted to take them. I forget to make myself something for dinner. Crap! It's Monday morning! I don't even remember going to bed last night! Who did I call on the phone? Do I have a little bit of wine left in the bottle to take the edge off? Nope! Time to get ready for work as I need to be there by 8 am. I feel awful, but I need to get there. Why did I waste the whole weekend and do this to myself?

What about you? What would your day look like today if you were drinking?