View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Retread1959

Hey everyone. It's been about a week since I posted here. I'm finding it easier and easier to not think about the drink, which is good. Caught up with the posts and want to say that I'm truly sorry about the struggles some of us are having. I wish I could take a magic wand and make all the depression and difficulties go away, and I know how I feel when I am in the grip of that depressive feeling and thinking.

Since I don't have a magic wand, all I can say is that things do improve, our moods do change, and what seems like the bottom of a deep well isn't going to be like that forever. It's hard to recognize that when we're at that bottom, but we have to keep faith that it's true and that we can dig out without using alcohol as a mood stabilizer, especially since it ultimately just adds to the depression. We all know that, right? It's just hard to remember sometimes, when the AV has its way with our thoughts. Just remember that alcohol will only make things worse.

I'm doing okay; had my endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday and I'm doing better. Only four polyps this time and no gastritis. Everything else is about the same but those are big improvements. The pathology should be back within two weeks so hopefully all will be clear for another two (or maybe three) years.

Overall I'm feeling much better; my stomach pain is gone with the increase in my GERD medications and I'm optimistic that the damage to my pancreas has halted, now that I'm not drowning in alcohol anymore.

Hope everyone has a decent weekend. Hugs all around.