View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Hi, All!

Inc, good questions. I do journal about the AV. There are a lot of situations that cause the AV to pipe up (unfortunately), but they tend to always be when I'm not happy. Back before I quit I used to hear the AV while I was working out (like riding my bike or swimming), and I used to hate that. It was like, just leave me alone, I'm having a good time without you! Luckily I don't get that anymore.

Inc & OMD, thanks for sharing a little about your upbringing and alcohol. I've mentioned before that my dad is an alcoholic, but he quit drinking when I was about 12. So I remember him with a glass of wine after work (which I remember my mom clarified for me when she had found out I had gotten drunk in high school: dad didn't just drink a glass of wine, he drank the whole bottle), or having gin and tonics with my mom (yes, I have loved tonic water and lime since I was a kid). What is unsettling for me is that I've seen him lately have a glass of wine during a special occasion. Yes, the dreaded moderation game that alcoholics are told never to play. It's usually when he's on vacation (he was in Germany and posted a picture of his dinner with a beer), but it doesn't make me comfortable. I suppose it's something I could mention to him at some point.

I know that I would never want just a glass of wine (even if it was a really good glass of wine), because that would make me upset and anxious and want more. I've had that reaction to just one drink since some of my first drinking experiences in high school, so there's no fun in moderation for me.

Well that was a rather long rant! OMD, I hope you aren't too tired from your travels, and enjoy spending time with your kids. SG, enjoy your Monday! And everyone else, enjoy your weekend