View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Dee,
I did not drink 'n drive either. Made a hermit out of me, and a morning errand person counting the minutes until I could get home and get lit. Well, I did drive drunk many times in the 60s and early 70s right up to about 1986. Rarely but at least a few times a year. I was active duty and the SH was a Deputy City Marshall and I volunteered to help the Police Department do nystagmus training. I had to drink then let the officers have me follow their pen with my eyes and they would gauge our % alcohol. They video'd us and I thought I fooled them all and held my liquor fine. I remembered no staggering and doing the walk the line etc. perfectly. The video was of some stranger who was all over the place sloppy drunk. I never drove with more than two drinks from that point on. I was horrified remembering how many times I drove hot motorcycles and sports cars with as much even more thinking I was fine. DUI awareness didn't come about until I was in my late thirties.

Wolf,
That was just some friendly elbowing in the ribs off your concern for lecturing Dee. In other words don't sweat the small stuff, and guys have testosterone for a reason. To give us an excuse when we start full steam ahead too early, or with a known issue that we tell ourselves, I am in good shape, I can do a little shovel work if I am careful, which rationale got me my latest pulled back.

In other words just being silly with a friend. That would be you and the rest of the bozos on this bus.

Drake,
Pretty young for such a haunting and sweet melody. Glad it went well for you.

FG!
My thoughts and energy on the way for your niece. Having just gone through that with the MIL, I wish that if no miracle, that you family can take some care from each other.

Boy that injury begs to show it to everybody. I hope the cyst responds.

I got the minutiae into my office and separated from what gets thrown out, what gets sold, and what gets donated. Now to organize my space and then all that is left is the punch out of the builders, the final repairs to anything not right yet. My back is sore in a good way today. Got r dun!

OK guys being Re-Tired every day is Saturday, but acknowledging you working stiffs, TGIF and FBL should be along any time now with a Song to kick off the weekend.