View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Midton

Well, yet again I'm up at 4am. I'm refreshed and energised though and sobriety has brought excellent deep sleep.

Juno, I feel exactly the same with the feeling of wouldn't it be nice to have some wine at certain times. When I'm on a "sober binge" these feelings are, although a pain in the butt, quite easy to deal with. When I'm drinking weekly these exact same craving are too difficult to ignore and I cave, making it difficult for me to start a period of sobriety.

For example, last night i went to the supermarket after work around 9 pm. I was hungry, tired but felt in a celebratory mood after the end of another week. As I was driving I though of how normally I'd drink a bottle of wine on a Friday night and I thought how easy it would be to buy some right now. I could feel my throat becoming welcomingly (new word?) parched. Next thing I knew I was home. By the time I parked my car the mini-craving had completely disappeared. This would never have happened a couple of weeks ago.

I even recall passing the alcohol section and seeing some random bloke buy some beer. It didn't even occur to me that minutes before I could basically taste the wine. I just looked at the guy the way a cow looks at a passing rambler. There was no jealously, longing or desire, no wrenching of the gut.

Going shopping for the day so I'm in an upbeat mood. Have a good weekend everyone.