View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

You guys are all so strong, and I'm so proud of all of you! You guys keep me motivated, knowing that I have others just like myself out there fighting this tremendous battle with me makes it all so much easier, it truly is amazing how fragile our sobriety really is. My favorite part of the day is when it's all over and I can sit down and see how my sober family is doing, and also let you guys know I have made it another day, 19 now!

I attended a function tonight where the booze was definitely flowing, everyone was drinking but myself and another coworker of mine. I will have to admit, it was a little rough not being able to partake in the catching of the buzz, but that quickly passed, and when the bill came it was nice to see how cheap it was without a bunch of beers in there.

On a side note I have begun to come out of the closet a little about my 90 day challenge as my confidence grows. The looks I get are of shock and disbelief when I tell people, none of them can imagine going that long without beer. Even bumped into some family at the store tonight, ice cream in my hand, 18 pack and a 22 ounce IPA in his, "wanna come over for a beer" he exclaimed. "Nah, I'm taking a break, 90 day break". Almost heard his jaw hit the floor.

Keep it going guys. When I get the cravings I have been just telling myself that the beer will just put me to sleep, or I have to get up early in the morning, or that the hangover isn't worth it. Why have one beer, when I need at least a six pack.