View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Seasonal Affective Disorder. It is depression brought on by the ever shortening days and lack of light as fall progresses into winter. It is far more prevalent in northern areas, as the lack of light is more pronounced. For example, I read that only 2 percent of people living in Florida have it, while 15 percent of people living in New England are afflicted. I have been reading your recent posts and was wondering if this applies to you, possibly, living way up north. It's worth investigating, as I have found work arounds such as using special "Daylight" lamps during the worst of the winter.
No kidding! It's been so gloomy this week, rain, fog, low clouds, and it surely doesn't help when it's pitch dark outside by 5pm. We need to see some sun soon! I'm just glad I don't live in the the arctic where they don't see the sun all winter. In the winter, when the sun is bright, it usually means a drastic drop in the tempurture to below -30c. Shiver me timbers, another Prairie winter is upon us.....