Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FireSprite

I'm so sorry Lexi, what a true nightmare.

I'll join the group though, I have a laundry list of repairs & upgrades that we are desperately in need of... I actually started writing it down on a physical list, organized by room to help RAH remember.

My dishwasher has needed replacement for a couple of years, our water system randomly & all too frequently stops working completely because there are so many pieces & parts to the well system that it seems something is always going out. I can't get AHEAD just yet to get more proactive about it but we're getting there.

We are on short stilts & the area under the house NEEDS to be refilled with fill dirt to raise the ground back up where erosion has washed it away. But since our insurance company insisted on us enclosing the area, we have to rip up the panels on every available side, try to dump the dirt as close as possible & then shovel it across the entire length of the house to fill. You can't STAND in this area, it's hot, sweaty, crouched-down work that has to be done over the winter before next summer's rains flood that area again, turning it into a mosquito breeding ground. BUT WAIT - before you do all of that & narrow that gap by raising the ground, the insulation in the flooring above that area needs to be replaced.... across the entire length of the house. So add itchy-work to the list.

My windows are horrendous & have needed to be replaced for years, I have random light fixtures that need replaced/repaired, all of my towel racks & bathroom mirror/vanities need to be replaced at this point (25 yrs old), I have some random parts of our pergo flooring that need to be replaced - you know, that one in the CENTER, RAH still hasn't finished the baseboards & trim in all rooms & I can't even begin to name the wall areas that I want patched/repainted. Hell, I want at least 3 rooms fully repainted at this point. The outside is overdue for pressure cleaning & ALL of my screen doors & walls need the hardware & screens replaced.

We are SO far behind with the house & I have refused to even LOOK at the property values for at least the last 5 years even though they've been getting better. Our area was hit hard & early when the market dropped out & we are recovering at a snail's pace.

And for all of it, it's a great house & we love it. I'm so grateful that we did the roofing, siding, wind-mitigation-crap, new flooring, etc. years ago when we went through a round of upgrades & that we were able to replace the A/C system when it went out at the beginning of summer this year. Things could be worse!