Old 11-05-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lyssy

support group for beleaguered homeowners
Can I join? I am in desperate need of support - lol.

I'll add my own woes. My house has foundation issues also - along with lots of other issues. It is a big domino line of problems. The whole house needs work. All the big issues (you know, the unseen ones?) - are $$$$. Electrical, plumbing (leaks), foundation. I hate, hate, hate the flooring (old, stained carpet, pealing linoleum that never looks clean). I have given up on it. I get absolutely no help at all with it. I could take the lead and arrange for estimate, repairs, etc, but have NO buy in with rah, either financially or physical help. I refuse to be the only one that puts out money and effort to resolve issues with this house. I used to do it all but have let it go. Now I just clean it and live with what I can't change. I am almost to the point of dumping it and getting an apartment - I don't need fancy, but I would like a nice home.

I have decided that I will take the $$ that I used to pump into fighting the repair "fires" are going to go towards vacations.

This whole situation moves me to tears some days - I just don't understand rah mentality and lack of desire to improve the situation.

Ok, rant off.