View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post

NO MATTER how depressed you get or how bad things get being sober, they would be WORSE if you're drinking. When you can say to yourself "Man...life blows. I am soo freakin depressed, I can't stand it. Thank God I'm not drinking, because I don't know if I could handle being any more depressed," you're golden.
In some ways, I have been feeling mildly ambivalent about my sobriety recently. No urge to drink at all, just a "whatever" attitude. Inc makes a great point. I suffer from SAD, and while maybe not a problem for those lucky Californians amongst us,it used to be debilitating for me starting around mid September. I was just slogging through each and every day, trying to make it through work so that I could get drinking to "feel better."
Of course, that never happened. Surprising, drinking mass quantities of a depressant only fueled my depression . Thus far, I have not been plagued by my SAD, and I entirely attribute that to my sobriety. That in of itself is a great reason to watch my mild ambivalence and not tempt fate. Living with depression is a joyless and lifeless way to live life.