View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Swim....Sounds good! AA is helpful. At least go to a few different meetings before you judge. They are all different. SR also has live chat meetings that I still periodically attend in Tuesday's and Fridays. I always come out stronger. Any time I have issues fighting AV, or depression for that matter, I attend. Great group of people and I ALWAYS come out stronger.

Bottom line...add tools to your tool box. This disease is progressive. You can see that in how quick things turn when you start drinking. Really soak that in. BELIEVE that it's progressive and things continue to get worse and worse. REALLY BELIEVE IT. When you keep talking to yourself about that, or expose yourself to that (AA/SR chat), you really come to believe that NO MATTER how depressed you get or how bad things get being sober, they would be WORSE if you're drinking. When you can say to yourself "Man...life blows. I am soo freakin depressed, I can't stand it. Thank God I'm not drinking, because I don't know if I could handle being any more depressed," you're golden.