View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
canguy

...totally shite day.
It starts sitting in a restaurant for a 'working breakfast.' Downstairs there's the relentless pounding of a compressor, high pressure cleaner. Sitting up here the room is like sitting in a bell, endless amped chatter just rings, I just can't hear the other end of the table past the steaming coffee machine, smile and nod and just want to get out of here.

I've had about 3 hours sleep, 4 hours sweating, I'm not hungover, I'm coming off it. And it takes 4 days , every time. I'm sitting here while they're all having such a great chat, so let's order another round of coffee's . I feel like my head could just explode. Breathe deep, do it ten times.

Actually....it ends. I get out. Home for lunch. I buy newspapers on the weekend, read 'em at lunchtime during the week. Flipping the cover page open, there's a drawing of a baby.

A whole page about a guy who draws portraits of stillborns for the grieving parents. I close the paper, but can't chuck it in the bin with the others.

It's on my mind all afternoon. I feel so withdrawal sick. I go get a 6pack and read it, then chuck it out. Day 1 again.