View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Hello class! 18 days and counting, pretty cool, today was awesome. Love waking up feeling great, lots of energy at work through the whole day, my hard work ethic has returned, I can't stand to not be busy anymore. I find myself staying busy at work and home, enjoying my time more with my kids and enjoy the boost in energy to help me do it. Feels good that my kids don't see daddy holding a beer every other night too.

I have found a new appreciation for my self worth and the work I do helping people in the medical field. I really try to do the best that I can for everyone, having struggled and stumbled myself has given me much more tolerance and compassion for others, and that feels so good. I didn't realise that I had suppressed this version of myself for so long, giving it all away to the bottle, so sad. I find that I have a much better attitude at work on crappy days then most because I no longer will allow the day to get to me. Before I would let a bad day ruin me because it gave me an excuse to drink later, now that it's not an option I excel in stressful situations.

On a side note I bought a Fitbit Charge HR, can't wait for it to get here, loving this healthier lifestyle. Im loving my evenings, i no linger waste time infront the tv, instead i dim the lights, turn on pandora (lumineers station), light a candle and write in my journal. Im getting cought up on old trip reports from adventures taken this last fall, being productive has become my new addiction.

Keep up the good work my brothers and sisters in sobriety!