View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Ambuler

Hey guys and gals Just thought I'd drop in and say hello and try to stay part of the class.....I must admit that I was doing well for a couple of days, but am not doing that well now. I let something really stupid run me right back to drinking, and yet again am going to have to start with day one . I'll spare the details because I don't want to trigger anyone, but this is becoming so ridiculous now. I'll share the stupid little thing that drove me to screwing up yet again, and I hope that it makes you giggle at how stupid we are when finding a reason to pick up that awful liquid poison for comfort...

I live in a small town in the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ. Our choices as far as things to do outside of the house are limited, to say the least. If we want to do anything worthwhile, whether it be recreational, shopping, etc., we have to drive 45 minutes into the Phoenix area. We have a quaint mall with a few well-known brand stores, but mostly we are a town of small, local businesses. To make a long story short, I just saw on the news today that one of the major stores that I absolutely LOVE to go to just to get my daughter and I out of the house once or twice a week is closing. I literally saw the story and every fiber in my being was on fire from anger. I cried. My husband laughed at me (as he should have, lol) but me in my sober self couldn't handle the news. It felt like one of my favorite toys was being taken away from me. Seriously, what the hell??!! We barely have anything out here, and now this....I let it be an excuse. Sigh.

If anyone has any advice, if anyone has gone through this in early recovery, please let me know. I haven't had a chance to read through the new posts, so maybe someone has already shared something. I really need some encouragement. I don't want to do this anymore. I will try to be here more often, as I know it will help. I need a new plan for sure.

Love you all, and this class is in my prayers. Thanks ahead of time.