View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Hi all - just checking in. End of Day 25. I'm really tired today so tried to relax a bit more than usual tonight.

I had a my first wine cravings this afternoon/evening and it kind of sucked. I plowed through them. They weren't too bad, just annoying. I thought that I wanted to be "an adult" and enjoy "an adult beverage" - that's how my mind was thinking. Then, as I went to pick up my son at his shuttle bus stop, I saw a group of women at an outdoor cafe enjoying food and what looked like a large bottle of white wine, sitting in the sun on a beautiful fall day. I found myself staring the the bottle to see if it was indeed wine or some other beverage. Then I had to snap myself out of it and remind myself that I can't do that. It leads to nothing good.

Anyway..... got through okay. Meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night. She's not much of a drinker, so it won't be hard for me to explain that I'm not drinking. Surprisingly, she doesn't even think I have a drinking problem and keeps inviting me to come to wine events out in California with her.... good thing California is pretty far away G'night!

the trouble is none of us were very adult when drinking, Juno.

It's good for me to remember my drinking was never like those women at a cafe in the sun laughing.

I have sat at cafes in the sun enjoying the day and my friends company since getting sober tho

Sometimes I weary of soda pop and get a little cranberry juice and sparkling water, or tonic water.

Italian cola (chinotto) is good too...just that little bit bitter enough to be something different.

D